Giveaway: The Runaway Bridegroom by Sundari Venkatraman ( 14 Feb -28 Feb)
Today is Valentine's Day, the day of love and how it be complete without celebrating what we at Reviews & Musings love the most - books! So here on this occassion we are here participating in a wonderful Blog Hop -Giveaway hosted by Book R3vi3ws.
When we talk about romance as a genre there are many names that come to our mind the first being Nicholas Sparks. I started reading romance through Mills & Books like a typical teenager and gradually fell in love with love in those books. Today as the whole world celebrates love, Reviews & Musings brings to you a wonderful book written by Sundari Venkatraman who managed to make me nostalgic by taking me back in my teenage with this book of hers.
~ Presenting ~
The Runaway Bridegroom By Sundari Venkatraman
~ Blurb ~
Chanda Maheshwari’s family is shaken when her thirteen-year-old bridegroom Veerendra runs away immediately after the wedding. The eight-year-old child doesn’t even understand the impact on her life. Unable to face their neighbours and friends, the Maheshwaris move from their village to Jaipur and begin a new life in the city.
Fourteen years later, Chanda is studying in a Delhi College. She takes up a temporary job at RS Software Pvt. Ltd. and falls head-over-heels for the boss of the operation. But what about Ranveer Singh? Is he interested in her?
Ranveer’s secretary Shikha is desperate to make him fall for her. All she wants is life-long security with a rich man. But it’s nerd Abhimanyu who keeps getting in the way. Abhi is Ranveer’s second-in-command and Shikha isn’t keen on him as she’s eyeing the main chance.
When Ranveer appears to show interest in Chanda, she’s faced with a new problem. Astrologer Vidyasagar insists that she would get back with her husband Veerendra. Does anyone want to know what she wants?
Chanda feels torn between the man she has fallen for and the family values that have been instilled in her. Will she ever find happiness?
~ About the author ~
Sundari Venkatraman has authored four novels and a short story anthology till now, Matches Made In Heaven (anthology) being the latest. The Malhotra Bride; Meghna; The Runaway Bridegroom; Flaming Sun Collection 1: Happily Ever Afters From India (Box Set) and Matches Made In Heaven have all been self-published on Amazon under the banner of Flaming Sun. The three novels are regularly seen on Amazon’s Top 100 Bestsellers’ Contemporary Romances list. The Box Set and Anthology are bound to catch up soon.
A great fan of Mills & Boon romances over the past four decades, Sundari has always believed in ‘Happily Ever Afters’ and all her books promise happy endings.Matches Made In Heaven is a compilation of thirteen short stories – all romantic – based on many situations anyone can come upon in their day-to-day lives. The stories revolve around the different ways a couple can get to meet and tie the knot in a culture rich country like India. Those reading the stories will definitely be able to connect realising that one of the situations has definitely been a part of their lives.
Sounds interesting right? To make it more awesome we have 10 copies of this book to be given away. The BEST part is this book can be yours. All you need to do is participate in this giveaway and add some more love to your Valentine's Day with this novel. Read her interview with me HERE
~ Giveaway Rules ~
As the book is about LOVE and it is the month of love the book can also be won with some love. Show some love and the book is all yours!!
1. The author tries to redefine love in her books that is what you need to do too. Just define LOVE in your own style. Put on your thinking caps, be quirky. add a tinge of romance and sprinkle some naughtiness on it to get it all right.
2. As we celebrate book-love on this blog all around the year the next question is to celebrate the same. Give an exciting reason why you want to read this book.
3. Like my page LIFE- As I see it
4. Follow me on twitter The Dream Catcher
Terms & Conditions:
1. This giveaway is open till 28th February 2015 ( IST). The winners will be declared on 1st March 2015 on this blog.
2. This giveaway is open to everyone across this globe as it is an ebook, so all we need is a valid email id of the winner to send the book.
3. There are 10 copies of this book to be won, so there will be 10 winners chosen on basis of the answers provided to the questions provided above.
4. You need to meet all the rules provided above to be eligible for the contest. You can leave your answers in the comments to this blog post or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This giveaway is a part of Spread Some Indie Love Blog Hop- 2015 hosted by Book R3vi3ws