In life we all have been through lot of ups and downs which make us what we are. In the process of knowing and accepting people around us we tend to compromise a lot of ourselves. Few years back I realised how wrong I was in doing that and hence had made seven promises to myself :
- Never let others judge me.
- Never let others be reckless with my heart
- Not to bear with people who seem to be bearing me
- To remember that I am worth every good thing in this world.
- To remember I deserve to be loved, respected and cared for.
- Not let anyone / anything take away my right to existence.
- Never let anyone trample on my feelings or belittle my dreams.
When I made them I somehow felt scared that I cannot live upto them. But today almost a year and a half after I made them I realised I have done fairly well for myself. I have let go of a few painful relationships from my life, removed some friends who were no good and yes made myself more worthier by these reminders.
Have you ever made any promises to yourself? Would love to hear them!