Sometimes I wish....
This post has been published as a part of 'Blog Tag - You're it'. It is a blog hop which consists of 28 amazing members from various parts of the world on the theme – ‘Sometimes I wish’. Though the theme is common each one of our wish is unique and special in its own manner, specially because all of them are straight from the heart.
The previous post of this blog hop has been written by Nelieta Mishchenko who is a photographer, traveller and has a beautiful travel blog Nelmitravel which is about all the places travelled by her. You can read her wish HERE. I would also like to thank Nelieta for such a beautiful introduction.
Sometimes I wish; the value of human emotions and sentiments would not depreciate so quickly in today’s world. When I was a child and my parents would talk about the good old days I would wonder what made me like those times better than today. For me at that time nothing could be better than my present. But today when I am all grown up myself I find myself reminiscing about the good old days very often.
|Source: Google Images|
With FB reminders in place, we rarely take the pains to remember important occasions of our loved ones. And with such hi-tech phones available we don’t even need to memorize any phone numbers. We now pose for pictures not to create memories but to find a nice picture to upload on FB and receive maximum number of likes on it.
Our lives seem to have become so artificial and unrealistic. We are barely able to find time for our near and dear ones, leave alone squeezing in time to pursue a passion. We are more concerned about what will people (the so-called society) think rather than what our heart is saying. And people who do all of the above are perceived as someone who has a lot of free time on hand!!
Gone are the days:
- When fighting with your best friend seemed to be the worst thing on earth.
- When a petty squabble with your sibling was forgotten in seconds.
- When “Lets catch up” didn’t need any SMS / call/ FB/twitter. It meant dropping into your friend’s place just like that.
- When a win in a race was a triumphant achievement and cherished for years to come.
- When anything and everything made us laugh – nothing seemed silly!
- When physical injuries were the only wounds we ever got.
- When sitting in mamma’s lap with little bit of pampering made us forget all the pain we had.
Today the days are such that:
- No excitement can make us giggle like before
- Leading life itself seems to be a huge burden
- No amount of love can make us forget the pain / wounds we have.
- We judge things by value and analyze people by their usefulness
- When every achievement is easily forgotten and replaced by another goal in sight
- When the best doesn’t seem to be enough and we always seem to be craving for more and more
- When there is only formality left in relationships and no love
It seems we have got entangled into a cobweb which keeps on getting messier day by day. Sometimes I wish I could have stopped the time there or travelled back to those days when simplicity was the core mantra for survival and the language of love was spoken to one and all! Life is beautiful and the beauty of life lies in its simplicity. The more we try to make it complex, the uglier it gets.
Sometimes I wish life could be simpler again and we feel things once again rather than just seeing or hearing them!
Do you also feel the magic of life has been lost amidst all this running around? Or does your heart wish for something else?
Please join Me tomorrow in hopping to a wonderful blog If I had a blog where the author Ron Reed will share his wish. In his own words his blog is an eclectic collection of stories and observations from life where he intends to make people think, learn and laugh...and hopefully all at the same time.
Let's Hop On!